They reported that a large number of UNSW employees had experienced or witnessed bullying behaviour in the workplace - unfair treatment, public humiliation, arbitrary misues of power, repeated shouting, swearing and threatening behaviour.
They also found:-
- 552 respondents with the vast majority of them had experienced or witnessed bullying.
- Many staff fear speaking up about being bullied and would like to leave UNSW
- Staff on fixed-term contracts are particularly vulnerable to bullying.
- Some line managers were reported as exhibiting highly prejudicial behaviour and attitudes that breach criminal, industrial, OHS and anti-discrimination laws.
- 66.2% of respondents were women
- 70% report that the bullying is ongoing.