BUT in our survey of 195 respondents who reported bullying
- 72 employees were planning to leave
- 41 had lowered their productivity
- 21 had asked for a transfer within the university
- 45 had attempted or considered suicide
- 110 suffered from depression
No organisation can afford to have so many ill or dissatisfied employees. Also, many of these are highly educated, hard working and ethical staff/students. For details of three ex-academic staff who were bullied out of the uni see nos. 8, 25 and 53 on the parliamentary website.
The uni could have risen much higher in world rankings if the issue of bullying (past and ongoing) had been dealt with appropriately.