He declared that perhaps these claims are close enough to the truth.
He notes the following:-
1. Genuine psychopaths — According to ballpark estimates, 1 percent of the population may be classified as genuine psychopaths.
2. “Almost psychopaths” — Psychiatrist Ronald Schouten (Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital) ....... suggests that maybe 10 to 15 percent of the population almost meets the definition of psychopathy. ...
He feels that based on this reasoning, "some 15 percent or more of bosses fit the psychopath or almost psychopath profile. In other words, between 1 of 6 and 1 of 7 bosses may behave in a manner that causes underlings and other co-workers to think of them as psychopaths."
Reports of the behaviour of the managers at the University of Newcastle would certainly put many of them in the category of "almost psychopaths":- The characteristics are:-
- conning and manipulative behavior
- being glib and superficially charming
- pathological lying
- a general aggressive sense of self where every action and every behavior is focused on them facilitating and achieving their own needs.