The University of Newcastle promotes a collaborative culture and does not tolerate any behaviour that "intimidates, offends, or humiliates" anyone on the basis of their religion (amongst other characteristics).
According to the Unviersity of Newcastle's website,
"The Dean provides information and advice to students on a range of matters including the resolution of complaints." (emphasis added)
"The Dean of Students provides an independent and balanced review of student issues."
Jennifer Allen, the current Dean of Students, promotes her religious affiliation (Luis Pulau Association - an evangelical Christan organisation) and beliefs using Youtube and the internet, as well as openly stating her position at the University.
- She speaks on Youtube:- "Jenny and Boyd from Newcastle, Australia, share about the day they were confronted with the reality of Jesus" She mentions her "powerful position at the University"
- On the Luis Pulau Association website: "Dr. Jenny Allen, Dean of Students at the University of Newcastle, became a follower of Jesus at a Luis Palau event in 1979. 33 years later, she helped create and implement a massive initiative to reach people across the Hunter Region of Australia with the Good News. This is her story."
- Speaking at Luis Palau "CityFest": "Jenny Allen, dean of students at the University of Newcastle and chair of counselor training for CityFest, said her role had everything to do with the decision she made at a crusade in 1979. “My hope and dream for this festival is that in 33 years, someone could be sitting here filming somebody else who remembers the 17th of November the same way we remember ’79,” she said in a video interview. “That they sit here because of the moment in time when they were confronted with the reality of Jesus.”
- Speaking at Crossover Australia - Ministry beyond the walls:- "Crossover assembled a panel of key leaders and thinkers to discuss some key missional issues facing churches. Our panel consists of ........ Jenny Allen – Dean of Students at Newcastle University......"
- Catch the Fire Ministries:- "Jenny Allen, dean of students at the University of Newcastle and chair of counselor training for CityFest, said her role had everything to do with the decision she made at a crusade in 1979."
- and more http://www.breakingchristiannews.com/articles/display_art.html?ID=10798
- and more http://www.mcf-a.org.au/index.php/news-events/59-williamtown-outreach
- and more http://ausprayernet.org.au/newsletter/DisplayNewsletter.php?e_id=00000002531
Does the University of Newcastle condone her using her position at the University in these evangelical fora?