These are examples of harassment according to the University of Newcastle - see policy
- "unwelcome invitations especially after prior refusal;
- non-verbal sexual or sexist behaviour such as whistling, staring and leering;
- unwelcome sexual or physical contact such as embracing, kissing or touching;
- making promises, propositions or threats in return for favours, including those of a sexual nature;
- engaging in behaviour which is embarrassing, humiliating or intimidating"
why does UoN punish the person being harassed
and protect the person doing the harassing?