An organisation has a management issue with the harassment and victimisation of whistleblowers.
What do you do to solve the issue?
The University of Newcastle 's way to deal with such issues is to
- get rid of whistleblowers
- gag whistleblowers
- ignore senior management who use terms like "toxic" and "victimisation" to describe the University
- get your lawyers to shut down a Youtube clip about bullying at the University of Newcastle.
This anti-bullying group's attempts to deal with these issues has been to
- gather information from past and current staff and students as to the nature of their treatment (195 respondents).
- raise these issues with management at the University of Newcastle
- ask for a meeting with Caroline McMillen, VC of the University.
Anyone raising the issue of bullying has been criticised by Caroline McMillen for
"trashing one’s colleague from the comfort of one’s sofa on the pretence that anonymity is somehow a necessary protection."
On the basis of this, Caroline McMillen refused to meet our group, stating that it was her own policy not to meet with anonymous people - despite us giving her our names and despite her responding to us by name.