What is heartening (but sad) about many of these comments is the disbelief and shock shown by commentators about the extent and nature of toxic bosses/bullying in workplace, especially universities like the University of Newcastle.
- This is the saddest series of comments I have ever read. What is wrong with us? Where is the love we were filled with when we were born? And this Hell is being built in Universities! It reads like we are in a Gulag.
- The stories shared in this thread demonstrate how deeply entrenched toxic bosses are, even in universities.
- Change needs to come from the top and whilst universities continue to ignore evidence for bullying and harassment, nothing will change. Good people will continue to be forced out and suffer the consequences.
- Holy moly, what hope is there then if this is the kind of behaviour that goes on.
- Universities have also been known for toxic bosses, favoritism, nepotism, etc. and they seem to reward toxic bosses.
Are the University of Newcastle staff prepared to do ANYTHING to hang on to their power and privilege?
Are the staff at the University of Newcastle (rightfully!) too scared about the consequences if they speak out?